Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year, New Updates to Old Articles

The Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8 ATX-PRO got an update . .. .

. . . As did the Sigma 100-300 f4 DG HSM APO
It's a new year, a new decade, and time to update some old stuff!

First of all, two lens reviews have been updated to include full-frame tests. Back in 2010-11, I reviewed both the Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8 ATX-PRO and Sigma 100-300 f4 DG HSM Apo when paired with my APS-C format Canon EOS 30D. In fact, the Tokina review was the first one that I did in an in-depth manner that has now become standard. Well, I liked these lenses so much that I tracked them down in Nikon mount and have updated these reviews to cover the full frame format offered by my Nikon D700. So, why not check them out to see how both lenses perform in a format that is becoming more affordable by the year (Nikon’s D750 is now selling for under $1000).


In Depth Reviews:

Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8 ATX PRO
 
Sigma 100-300 f4 DG HSM Apo


 
The list of weather-resistant Nikkors (never mind the picture) got a much-needed update, too.
Another page long in need of updating was my complete list of weather-resistant Nikkor lenses. Originally written shortly after buying the D700, this initially started as a personal quest to find out what lenses were weather-resistant and liable to make a good partner for my weather-resistant dSLR should I get into shooting in adverse conditions. Seeing that there was no concise list of the sort out there on the Internet (back in 2011), I decided to post the results of my research myself. Being the only one for quite some time, I racked up over 60,000 hits (as of this writing) on this article alone, no thanks to its high ranking on Google. Well, after a 2016 update (add 10,000 views for this article), I decided to update again to reflect Nikon’s 2020 lens lineup while adding clarifications over the past version.

So check it out . . . 

Updated for 2020 List Complete List of Weather Resistant Nikon Lenses
And if you don't have such an optic . . .
How to clean your camera's sensor yourself

Oh yes, and this spawned a list of weather-resistant Sigma lenses, too . . .
A Complete List of Weather-Resistant Sigma Lenses



As a last note, I decided to clean up my pages a bit, too. My astronomy page was getting really cluttered as a catch-all for all things, well, astronomy. Seeing a lot of articles that could be further categorized into their own pages owing to the large amount of articles on a broad topic, I created two new pages: so why not check them out?


New Pages
 

Historical astronomy

How-tos on using your gear
,


Like What You Read?

Why not check out other great stuff about photography, present astronomy, historical astronomy, associated gear, and how to use it.

 

Think someone else would find this informative (or at least entertaining)? Use the buttons below to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment