Wednesday, January 12, 2011

December 2010 Astrophotos

Well, here they are, the last astrophotos of 2010. Needless to say, December was almost a wall-to-wall cloud-out where I live. There were 2 clear nights and (of course) they fell on nights when I had to work! Fortunately, at least there were a few clear breaks during the eclipse, but not during totality. Oh well, it's winter in Ohio.  As an interesting note, the top picture was taken with my just about fully automated pocket P&S while the bottom (the middle one was shot through thin clouds, hence the glow and lack of clarity) were with my dSLR. Sure, the dSLR images win hands-down, but the little pocket cam is still not all that bad . . .




    





Humble requests:

If you found this informative (or at least entertaining), help me pay my bills and check out my Examiner pages for photography and astronomy for more great stuff.


Think this was cool? Why not tell a friend?


For something even better, become a follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment